LANGAFONUA ‘A FAFINE TONGA NATIONAL COUNCIL OF WOMEN OF TONGA
Vacancy: National Coordinator, Handicrafts and Cultural Tourism Support Programme
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for the position of National Coordinator, Handicrafts and Cultural Tourism Support Programme.
Background: Langafonua Gallery and Handicraft Centre is entering into a partnership with the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade for a 3-year programme. This partnership aims to improve livelihoods by supporting artisans and cultural experience providers participate in the tourism sector.
Job purpose:To implement a successful national handicrafts and cultural tourism support programme and develop the systems, processes and human resource capability to ensure its long-term financial sustainability
Role: The role of the National Coordinator (NC) is to drive, manage, and coordinate in-country implementation of the programme. The NC will coordinate the logistics of all in-country project work, liaise with policymakers and other key stakeholders, and be responsible for project administration.
Duties and Responsibilities: Project administration (20% of time)
- Review and confirm annual work plan and detailed budget in collaboration with international advisors; develop detailed task-based work plans.
- Establish office and office systems and undertake baseline monitoring of project indicators.
- Lead the procurement of the additional technical assistance, including the recruitment of International Tourism Advisor and the International Handicrafts Advisor.
Project coordination (20% of time)
- Arrange meetings with the Project Advisory Committee and report on meeting results.
- Arrange logistics for International advisor visits connected with workshop training.
- Liaise with public and private sector stakeholders and interest groups.
Project implementation (60% of time)
- Lead the research and implementation on improving biosecurity and quarantine information.
- Facilitate all training workshops.
- Lead the implementation of developing brochure and videos.
- Coordinate sales outlet upgrades.
- Make arrangements for participation in festivals and events.
Timing: This is a full-time three-year position, to be reviewed after the first six months. The NC will be employed by Langafonua Gallery and Handicraft Centre.
Qualifications and Expertise:
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Excellent written and spoken Tongan and English
- Experience in the public and private sector in Tonga
- Excellent networking skills
- Proven administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated accounting, financial management and project management skills
- Previous training in marketing, tourism, or crafts an advantage
All application letters are to be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae (CV) including 2 professional referees. All application letters must be submitted to:
Manager, Langafonua Gallery and Handicraft Centre
The closing date for applications is Monday 11 June 2012, 12:00 noon. For more information, please contact Taumosi Hemaloloto 7782036 / 21-014, or ‘Uheina Kalaniuvalu 7715135
May 31, 2012 | Share: